Experienced Unreal Developer (m/f/*) On-site in Cologne Area
You’re a hands-on developer / programmer. Your approach to problem-solving is to look for the long term solutions and a systematic approach. To achieve this, you don’t shy away from discussions with other coders, being able to both give and receive constructive feedback in the process. You’re experienced with and want to develop in the Unreal Engine – and you know why.
What you would be doing
Your job is to be our guide as we delve deeper and deeper into development in Unreal. You’ll be involved in the production of our projects from start to finish. You’ll work with the lead engineers and designers to establish our pipelines and workflows for development in Unreal. In your day to day, you’ll work directly in-engine, programming systems and gameplay as needed and converting blueprints into efficient C++. You can also develop tools for the designers and artists to better implement their designs and assets. You’ll participate in regular code review meetings to establish the ground rules for our development together with the other engineers.
- Proficient in C++ and development for Unreal Engine
- Launched at least one commercial game
- Well-versed in best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Experience with programming in a team
- Skilled communicator in both verbal and written exchanges
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Ability to take on the lead development role in a small team
- Experience in tools design
- Experience with developing for consoles
- Experience with porting
- Experience in other areas related to game development, such as game / level design, modelling, rigging, animation, etc
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited work contract
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Money and time budget for training and education
- Once a year: One-week game jam during office hours
- We are proud to have a works council already established
- Flexible work hours (parent friendly)
- No crunch
- No NFTs
- One-month Sabbatical possible after you have worked with us for two years
- We work in a beautiful, industrial-style office
- You will get a public transport ticket for the Cologne Area
- We offer flexibility to work from home two days per week
- We do regular paid-for team events
- We have weekly team lunches and monthly team breakfasts
- Discounts for gyms and bike sponsorships can be arranged
- Our office manager will help you with the challenges of relocating
- We offer financial help for relocation
- Office dogs!
Why we do what we do
When we founded Massive Miniteam all we wanted was a nice and stable work environment. For us that meant being happy and healthy while working on exciting projects. Today we are fortunate to share this vision with our ever growing team.
We value good communication, inclusivity and professionality. We want to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and respected so that they have space and time to grow. To work with us means to join a kind and generally lighthearted environment and always be confronted with new and exciting tasks to tackle.
What we do
We currently work on multiple unannounced titles in varying stages of development, different genres and project scopes. We strive to develop high quality indie games that are made with a lot of love, care and professionality.
In our humble beginnings we were split between game development and client work to keep our studio running. Since Massive Miniteam has been acquired by HandyGames and became part of THQ Nordic we are 100% dedicated to video games.
Our main focus is developing our own games, but thanks to our experience with console development we have the opportunity to work with a lot of interesting companies and to help them port their games to many different platforms.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us, we’d be happy to take a look at your application! Please include:
- [Full name] - [Job you are applying for] in the subject of your email
- Brief cover letter, including earliest start date and desired salary
- Link to portfolio
Send to: email@example.com!