Art Lead (m/f/*) Full-time On-site in Cologne Area
Our ideal Art Lead is an empathetic professional, an excellent communicator and has a profound understanding of the art pipeline within game development. With at least one deep specialization and sufficient knowledge of all other art department fields our candidate is able to give clear direction, and constructive feedback and ensure all art progress is aligned with the creative vision.
We are looking for an experienced lead who understands the concept of serving leadership and has a genuine interest in efficient communication, fostering a healthy team culture and supporting our skilled artists with sustainable development processes, personal growth and artistic guidance.
Ideally, you live in the Cologne Area (Germany) or would be willing to relocate. We offer excellent relocation assistance!
What you will be doing
As Art Lead, you will safely guide our artists from pre-production into production, providing the team with concise direction, efficient feedback iterations and stylistic guidelines our artists can follow and apply.
You will actualise our game vision and help develop a visual style our artists are comfortable with, and which best reflects the tone and brand of our game.
You will guide our talented artists on their personal development tracks, ensure their needs are met and help them find their voice and reach their full potential.
- You are a seasoned artist and have a well-developed, expressive personal style
- You specialize in stylized, endearing and energetic art
- You have a profound understanding of natural forms and movement, and you know how to stylize them for artistic expression
- You reliably convey and align the art team on the overall creative vision in close collaboration with the Creative Director, and ensure all art processes are seamlessly coordinated with the design, code and production departments
- You have superb communication skills, and professional experience in tight-knit team environments and understand the importance of trust, transparency and humility
- You have high social intelligence and emotional awareness, you care about your team and continuously work to provide your artists with everything they need to feel comfortable and heard
- You make use of excellent hard skills while actively operating in a position of leadership that involves agile coordination, dedicated artist management, ensuring cross-departmental alignment and retaining high meeting stamina
- Specialization in stylized art
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong concepting and illustrative skills
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited work contract
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Money and time budget for training and education
- Once a year: One-week game jam during office hours
- We are proud to have a works council already established
- Flexible work hours (parent friendly)
- No crunch
- No NFTs
- One-month Sabbatical possible after you have worked with us for two years
- We work in a beautiful, industrial-style office
- You will get a public transport ticket for the Cologne Area
- We offer flexibility to work from home two days per week
- We do regular paid-for team events
- We have weekly team lunches and monthly team breakfasts
- Discounts for gyms and bike sponsorships can be arranged
- Our office manager will help you with the challenges of relocating
- We offer financial help for relocation
- Office dogs!
Why we do what we do
When we founded Massive Miniteam all we wanted was a nice and stable work environment. For us that meant being happy and healthy while working on exciting projects. Today we are fortunate to share this vision with our ever growing team.
We value good communication, inclusivity and professionality. We want to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and respected so that they have space and time to grow. To work with us means to join a kind and generally lighthearted environment and always be confronted with new and exciting tasks to tackle.
What we do
We currently work on multiple unannounced titles in varying stages of development, different genres and project scopes. We strive to develop high quality indie games that are made with a lot of love, care and professionality.
In our humble beginnings we were split between game development and client work to keep our studio running. Since Massive Miniteam has been acquired by HandyGames and became part of THQ Nordic we are 100% dedicated to video games.
Our main focus is developing our own games, but thanks to our experience with console development we have the opportunity to work with a lot of interesting companies and to help them port their games to many different platforms.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us, we’d be happy to take a look at your application! Please include:
- [Full name] - [Job you are applying for] in the subject of your email
- Brief cover letter, including earliest start date and desired salary
- Link to portfolio
Send to: email@example.com!